CALL FOR ARTICLES
Editorial article submissions are now being accepted for the Program Guide of the 2011 Miami Higher Ed EXPO.
The program guide will disseminate information to help prospective students further their education and learn about the admissions process, how to successfully obtain financial aid, and how to choose and expand their professional careers in today’s competitive environment. The EXPO will print the program and distribute it among the high school students, college students, university graduates, adult learners and parents attending the EXPO.
TERMS FOR SUBMISSION
1. The deadline for submission is August 31, 2011.
2. Submission of the online form will be construed as containing an electronic signature.
3. Authors may or may not be participating exhibitors and/or sponsors of the Higher Ed EXPO event.
4. Each article accepted for publication will be accompanied by a brief profile of the author as recognition for their authorship. The profile will include the author’s photograph, title, organization, and website. Inclusion of email and phone contact information is optional at the request of the author.
5. By submitting this electronic form, the authors give Higher Ed EXPO explicit consent to publish their photograph and contribution in the Program Guide and to propagate it via electronic media such as the HigherEdEXPO.com website and social networking sites.
6. The authors will retain the copyright to the submitted material, and are not required to seek permission to re-use their own work. Authors can use their contribution in part or in full, including figures and tables (except where copyright is owned by a third party) if they want to do so in another publication without the need to obtain prior permission from Higher Ed EXPO.
7. The author submitting this form and articles warrants that: the work does not contain any unlawful statements; does not infringe any existing copyright; has obtained the necessary permission from the copyright holder(s) to reproduce in the article, in all media, in all countries and transmit via all reputable third parties, any materials including tables, diagrams or photographs owned by third parties; and, holds Higher Ed EXPO harmless for the publication of the submission.
8. The article selection process will be based on editorial content and quality, and is open to organizations and individuals in the US and abroad affiliated with the higher education industry. The selected authors will be notified no later than September 9, 2011.
ARTICLE CRITERIA AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
There is currently no limit on the number of articles an author can submit. If you have several articles that you would like to submit, please do so separately. Please consider the following criteria when developing article submissions.
- Submissions must include the author’s full contact information.
- Articles should be in Microsoft Word format, up to 500 words.
- Images should be attached separately in a high-resolution JPEG format.
- All articles should be written in English.
- Each submission will be reviewed by an Editor who may correct spelling and grammar and edit for length without approval from the author.
- Fonts and formatting will be done by the editor.
TOPICS AND INTEREST AREAS
Topics and areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- Admission Tips (Undergraduate, or Graduate, or Post-Graduate)
- Career Advice and Trends
- Educational Options for the Unemployed and Underemployed
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Going Back to School as an Adult Learner
- Life Balance for Adult Learners
- Managing Student Loans
- The Value of a Higher Education
Comments or questions are welcome.